Benefits to Cameroon
There are a number of significant direct and indirect benefits that will be delivered by the Logbaba Gas Field development.
- The creation of 300 jobs during construction;
- The creation of 100 full time jobs in RDL in order to support the safe production and distribution of gas within the city of Douala and condensate to the Sonara refinery at Limbe;
- Further industrial development and investment in Douala due to reliable energy supplies which will allow growth unconstrained by energy supplies;
- Reducing the pressure on the National Electricity Grid and therefore make Cameroon more attractive for inward investment;
- Environmental benefits from the provision of clean energy by substitution of Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) and Waste Oil with gas;
- Technology transfer to local civils contractors in the installation of high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe and training of Cameroonian engineers in processing plant and pipeline operations and maintenance;
- Manufacturing opportunities for local plastic pipe manufacturers in production of HDPE pipe and fittings;
- In addition to direct employment provided by RDL, additional jobs will be created for large and small local companies supporting RDL’s project;
In order to bring the project to its current state of readiness, we have worked with a large number of Ministries, Regional and Local Government, other state institutions and utilities in Douala. The support and immediate engagement of these organisations and particular individuals who have championed this project have helped us to achieve an ambitious schedule to date.
We have also appreciated the full cooperation of the local community during the drilling and testing phases.
We would like to thank our Cameroon partners SNH and the Ministry of Industry, Mines and Technology (MINIMIDT) for their support along the way and the other institutions and individuals directly and indirectly involved in the project.