You are here
SABC KOUMASSI – Thermal Gas Supply
A subsidiary of the Castel group, Société Anonyme des Brasseries du Cameroun (SABC) is a leading food processing group in Cameroon. Founded in 1948 within Douala, SABC now has a series of operations across the City. Both SABC KOUMASSI, a bottle production plant, and SABC NDOKOTI, a bottle wash plant, are connected to natural gas supplied by GDC. SABC’s activity during 2012 is summarized as follows:
Beer: 497 million litres sold representing an increase of 4.5% compared to 2011 and 82.2% market share.
Soft Drinks: 205 million litres sold representing a 1.1% growth compared to 2011.
Natural mineral water: 70 million litres sold; Source Tangui the company’s brand has recorded a decrease of 15.7 % compared to 2011.
Alcomix: In 2012, sales of alcomix, grew by 19.2% to 11 million litres.
SABC net sales without taxes increased by 5.6% to 321.4 billion CFA francs. Net income was 36.3 billion CFA francs.
GDC is also currently discussing a tri-generation (heat, power and cooling) solution with SABC for further work at the plant.
|ORIGINAL PARAMETERS (BEFORE CONVERSION)|
|02 boilers (HFO)||02 dual burners|
|HFO Consumption||14500 liters/day|
CONVERSION SCOPE OF WORK FOR SABC KOUMASSI
- Working with SABC to evaluate cost savings from conversion to gas and create a detailed engineering plan to carry out the changes.
- Location survey of key boiler operations at customer’s plant
- Design of steel pipe route to determine the total length of steel pipe or HDPE (plastic) pipe
- Sizing of the steel pipe
- Sending of the design to the customer for validation
- Sending of the design to procurement for sourcing of contractors
- Procurement of material needed for installation
- Procurement of testing and validation
- Installation of gas supply line (service and customer lines)
- Testing to evaluate strength and tightness of connection
- Commissioning of the PRMS
- Commissioning of the burners
- Gas awareness to customer’s team by GDC’s QHSE*
- Commissioning and Start up
CONNECTION PROCESS FOR THERMAL